Humboldt's Gift by Saul Bellow #3

"Perhaps, being lost, one should get loster; being very late for an appointment, it might be best to walk slower, as one of my beloved Russian writers advised."

I only have to show up at the office twice a week. I can choose which days. I usually end up going on Thursday and Friday because I stayed up late the other days and slept in too late to make it worth going to the office.

Eh, I'm late already, may as well not go.

When you do get lost it really is better to stop caring and enjoy exploring a new part of the world.

Getting lost in Beijing isn't too bad because of the Ring Roads. Unless you're way, way out you can walk North, East, South or West and eventually you'll hit a Ring Road and be able to get your bearings.

Still, getting lost in Beijing sucks. I'll write about that nonsense later or I may have already.

No comments:

Post a Comment